Platelet-rich plasma or platelet concentrate has a long history of use in dentistry, surgery and orthopedia. Platelet-rich plasma has also been used in facial skin rejuvenation and wound healing. Scientific studies have shown that platelet-rich plasma (PRP) generates the synthesis of new collagen and activates stem cells. It includes numerous growth factors, e.g. PDGF, TGF-β1, TGF-β2, VEGF and EGF. Therefore, they stimulate the processes of tissue repair and the creation of new blood vessels.
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is a natural product of the body. Due to a revolutionary system, just a slight amount of blood is enough to obtain even 12ml of platelet-rich plasma.
There is a huge difference between the platelet-rich plasma therapy and the use of hyaluronic acid fillers. Most of the fillers are to reduce particular lines and creases of the skin (wrinkles). The effects of the fillers are naturally spectacular but persist only for a limited time and require repeat procedures to enhance or re-fill a certain area of the skin. Platelet-rich plasma acts globally – the effects of the treatment are: the smoothing of wrinkles, elimination of dark circles under the eyes, improvement of density and firmness of the skin.
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Usage:
- Alopecia and hair weakening
- Loss of skin firmness and elasticity
- Dark circles under the eyes
- Elimination of scars
Course of Treatment:
- Vacuum blood collection (about 18ml)
- Blood collected in a sterile way is stored in four tubes – it is centrifuged in a laboratory
- Separated platelet-rich plasma is activated, therefore, we get a highly concentrated substance (about 12ml)
- Application of platelet-rich plasma in the selected area in the form of mesotherapy or reverse injection (analogously to the application of fillers)
How Many Treatments Should Be Performed To Achieve Spectacular Results?
All depends on the individual expectations of the patient. In the case of alopecia, a series of at least 3-5 treatments is recommended to strengthen the hair (the intervals between the treatments are fixed individually because of the nature of the problem and its intensity). In case of the revitalization of the face skin the number of treatments is determined individually, but the effects can be seen already after the first treatment.